The Disney Dining Plan (DDP) is a pre-paid package that allows you a certain amount of meals and snacks throughout your vacation and is available only to Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests. There are several package options that can become a bit confusing. See this simple guide to the Disney Dining Plan here.
The amount of meals and snacks you get is dependent upon the size of the package and length of your stay. DDP is only available to Walt Disney World Resort guests.
Since the DDP is pre-paid, each meal is already vouched for. You simply have to swipe your MagicBand to redeem your meal or snack. The MagicBand also monitors how many meals you have left per resort room.
You will purchase one of four different types of Dining Plan Packages:
- Quick Service Dining Plan – 2 Quick Service meals and 1 snack, per person, per night of your stay
- Deluxe Dining Plan – 3 meals and 2 snacks, per person, per night of your stay
- Premium Dining Plan – 3 meals and 2 snacks, and 1 Rapid Fill Resort refillable drink mug, per person, per night of your stay
- Platinum Dining Plan – 3 meals and 2 snacks, and 1 Rapid Fill Resort refillable drink mug, per person, per night of your stay.
*The Platinum plan simply offers more dining location options than the Premium Plan.
Additional things to note are:
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise specified
- Merchandise/photo opportunities offered at character dining locations are not included
- Alcoholic beverages are not included in the Rapid Fill refillable drink mug
- You can redeem more than your allotted meals or snacks per day, until the total number of meals/snacks is used
- Any unused meals/snacks can be redeemed up until midnight of the date of your reservation check-out
The 2016 dining packages and prices are listed here.
Leave a Reply