Disney FastPass+ is a system that allows you to reserve access to the most popular rides and attractions in all four Walt Disney World theme parks. With a park admission and a MyDisneyExperience.com account, you can book your FastPass+ selections before you even leave home.
It can be a bit confusing on how to best utilize the service, so here is the ultimate guide to Disney FastPass+!
Disney FastPass+ Overview
With Disney FastPass+, Walt Disney World guests can book their reservations for attraction times up to 60 days in advance, while all guests not staying on Disney property can book up to 30 days in advance. You can reserve up to 3 FastPass+ reservations per day in one theme park, and have the flexibility to change or cancel your reservations at any time using the MyDisneyExperience app. You can also use any of the FastPass+ kiosks in the parks to monitor, change, or book FastPass+ reservations.
Each FastPass+ selection is set up in one-hour increments. For example, you might reserve Splash Mountain for 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m., so you can enter the FastPass line on this ride at any time during this hour interval.
How To Use Disney FastPass+
First you need to purchase park tickets. I recommend doing this online prior to your visit so you can utilize the FastPass+ system as soon as possible.
Next you will create an account on the MyDisneyExperience app. This is where you will actually make your FastPass+ reservations. You can make FastPass+ reservations for everyone in your party by adding their name and syncing their tickets.*
Once all the tickets in your party are linked, the app will walk you through the process of reserving FastPass+ reservations. It’s pretty straightforward, and for this part of the process, I find the mobile app is easier to use than the MyDisneyExperience website. You will be able to see all the available time slots for each attraction and can choose your 3 reservations one at a time.
You can obtain more FastPass+ reservations once you’ve used your initial set of 3. For example, if you have a set of 3 FastPasses for Soarin’ from 9:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m., Spaceship Earth from 10:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m., and Mission: SPACE from 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m., you can reserve up to 3 more FastPass+ selections at any park after you ride Mission: SPACE or after 12:00 p.m., whichever comes first.
Additional FastPass+ selections can be made using either the MyDisneyExperience app or at a FastPass+ kiosk within the same park as the attraction that you wish to select. For example, if you want to reserve a FastPass+ selection for Rock N’ Roller Coaster using the kiosk, you must go to a kiosk in Hollywood Studios since that is the park the ride is located in.
* When syncing a ticket, you can also link a MagicBand to that ticket. This will allow everyone in your party to use their MagicBands in the parks to access their FastPass+ reservations.
Tiered FastPass+ Groups
Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios FastPass+ selections work on a tiered system. This means the attractions are put into groups, Group A and Group B, and Disney limits how many FastPass+ reservations you can make in each group. Generally, Group A selections are slightly more desirable, and you can only reserve one attraction from the group per day. You can reserve two attractions from Group B.
Epcot Tier Group A – One reservation can be made
Living With The Land
Epcot Tier Group B – Two reservations can be made
Journey into Imagination
Epcot Character Spot
The Seas with Nemo and Friends
Turtle Talk with Crush
Hollywood Studios Tier Group A – One reservation can be made
Toy Story Midway Mania
Rock ‘n’ RollerCoaster
Beauty and the Beast
Great Movie Ride
Hollywood Studios Tier Group B – Two reservations can be made
Tower of Terror
Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
Disney Jr. Live on Stage
Tips for Using FastPass+
- FastPass+ is free with admission to the parks.
- You can select different FastPass+ reservations for each member of your party. So, if Dad isn’t that interested in meeting Anna and Elsa, you can book him a FastPass+ for Space Mountain instead.
- If you do plan to make a FastPass+ reservation for the same attraction for everyone in your party, make those reservations first to ensure you can all ride together.
- If you use a kiosk to reserve additional FastPass+ reservations, all members of your party must be present at that kiosk.
- You can arrive a few minutes late to your FastPass+ arrival time, but if you will be any later than 5 minutes or so, you should rebook your FastPass+ using the app. It is up to the discretion of the cast member how late to allow you to enter.
- Book your initial 3 reservations earlier in the day, allowing yourself more time to add a second round of FastPass+ selections once you’ve completed this first. So, don’t reserve a FastPass for a nighttime show like Fantasmic! early in the day, but instead save it for your second set of reservations.
- In parks with tiered FastPass+ groups, plan your day by using the standby queue (regular line) on one of the attractions from Group A first thing in the morning when the lines aren’t too long. This will allow you to reserve a FastPass+ selection for a second Group A attraction later in the day. You can then utilize the remaining two reservations for Group B attractions.
A Bit About Disneyland Resort’s FASTPASS System
Disneyland Resort works under the old FASTPASS system where you simply insert your ticket into the FASTPASS machine outside any eligible FASTPASS attraction. This is the system FastPass+ replaced at Walt Disney World.
For each ticket inserted, the machine will generate a FASTPASS displaying a one-hour increment for you to come back and enter the FASTPASS line for that attraction.
You cannot access a second FASTPASS until the time has past for your current one. FASTPASS tickets are subject to availability, and everyone in your party must have a FASTPASS with a valid time in order to return to the FASTPASS entrance.
What did I miss? Are there any FastPass+ Questions you have that I didn’t answer? Let me know in the comments below!
Be sure to follow Ever After Report on Instagram and Facebook!
Jim saysJune 15, 2016 at 10:13 pm
I really like it when people come together and share opinions.
Great website, continue the good work!
VellaLKilkus saysDecember 17, 2016 at 10:18 pm
Thanks very interesting blog!
corburt erilio saysDecember 27, 2016 at 2:57 pm
Hey! I could have sworn I’ve been to this blog before but after checking through some of the post I realized it’s new to me. Anyways, I’m definitely happy I found it and I’ll be bookmarking and checking back frequently!